Today was my last full day at The Biggest Loser Resort in Utah. Here are some things I've learned:
1. I like hiking. A lot.
2. I like being outdoors in the middle of nowhere. With a trustworthy guide.
3. In order to reach my goal weight by June 2010, I need to create a 1,000 calorie deficit each day until June 2010. I don't know how this is going to work out.
4. Consuming 1200 calories a day is plenty -- when done right.
5. Taking Ibuprofen no longer makes me curl up in fetal position.
6. I thought I liked step aerobics, but I don't. My fond memories of 90s step must be cloudy.
7. Calgel manicures last through anything. Mine are still perfect!
8. Adidas trailrunners are my new favorite shoes.
9. I learned how to use a Camelbak pack.
10. The Golden Spoon makes delicious froyo.
I have my final weigh-in tomorrow morning at 6:40 a.m., before our final 9-mile hike. I craftily scheduled it in the morning because, well, you're lightest in the morning before you consume water and food. Let's see how this goes.
On the schedule for tomorrow: Exit weigh-in, breakfast, 9 mile hike (uphill for the first half, eek), swimming, lunch, visitng Coyote Gulch (an artisan community down the road from The Biggest Loser Resort), packing, getting on a shuttle back to Vegas, trying desperately not to eat anything at the airport, getting on a plane back to New York (red-eye, sigh). Then hitting the ground running back in the city -- so much to do on Sunday.
My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks so I'm going to be making myself some 32-year-old resolutions. Lifestyle change here I come -- if anything, I just want to prove to myself that I can do it. The question that keeps plaguing me, though, is -- How long can I go without eating fried food? Hm. We shall see.